Official author website for Scott Isaacs, M.D.
Anyone can achieve permanent weight loss through hormonal balance.
I believe that by balancing your hormones you can achieve optimum health and sustained weight loss. Hunger hormones like leptin, ghrelin, peptide YY, glucagon-like peptide-1, cholecystokinin and amylin produced fat cells and the gut regulate your appetite, cravings and metabolism. Thyroid hormone, cortisol growth hormone, insulin, testosterone, estrogen and many other hormones also play key roles in regulating your body weight. In order to lose weight and keep it off, your hormones must be balanced.
Hormonal Balance: How to Lose Weight by Understanding Your Hormones and Metabolism
The Leptin Boost Diet
Beat Overeating Now! Take Control of Your Hunger Hormones to Lose Weight Fast
Overcoming Metabolic Syndrome
A Simple Guide to Thyroid Disorders
Losing Weight Is Not About Willpower
Almost everyone has had the experience of losing weight. But eventually the weight loss stops. And then slowly (or sometimes rapidly) you start gaining back the weight. This is not your fault, nor is it lack of willpower. This happens because of hormones that regulate appetite, metabolism and body weight set-point. If these hormones are out of balance, sustained weight loss can be next to impossible. In order to lose weight and keep it off, you must address your body's biochemistry. By balancing your hormones, you can lose weight through the science of endocrinology and correction of hormonal dysfunction, not willpower.
Inside information from a practicing endocrinologist
I am a physician board-certified in endocrinology, metabolism and obesity medicine and have practiced in Atlanta, Georgia for over 20 years. In my books, I have drawn on my training, research and experience successfully treating thousands of patients for obesity and hormonal imbalance. I use the latest medical research to offer answers to the question of how to have effective and sustained weight loss through hormonal balance.
The Hormonal Health Diet
Out of balance hunger hormones are the source of excessive hunger and cravings along with a slow metabolism. But your weight doesn’t have to be a victim to these hormones. The Hormonal Health Diet helps you outsmart your hunger hormones to speed up metabolism, reduce hunger and cravings and enhance the satisfying effect of food. By learning a new way to eat and live – you can control your hunger hormones.
In my books you will learn:
- How key hormones regulate appetite, cravings, metabolism and body weight set-point.
- Why stress, toxins in our foods and environment, lack of sleep, and eating processed foods – including those that claim to be “diet” foods – can disrupt your hormonal balance and make you gain weight.
- The signs and symptoms of hormonal conditions that cause weight gain or difficulty losing weight.
- How to eat the right foods in the right amounts at the right intervals can help you control appetite and cravings, boost metabolism and lose weight rapidly without feeling hungry or stressed.
- Medications, supplements and other treatments for hormonal imbalance.